Keys to Success Keep a Journal

2. Keep a Journal
I've heard it said, "If your life is worth living it's worth recording." I've kept a
journal for many years and I go through spurts when I write in it almost
everyday to times when I may write only once or twice a month.
Off the top of your head...
The trick is to write spontaneously without stopping and thinking about it. (I
recommend The Artists's Way by Julie Cameron to get great instruction on
this.)
But recently I started doing something that I am going to recommend to you.
You see I keep more than one journal. I keep my personal journal in which I
record my thoughts feelings ideas brainstorms and dreams and goals. I also
keep a separate journal in the classroom.
After each class (and sometimes during) I write in ideas, comments, questions,
ways to improve as a teacher, what we worked on in that lesson, things I can
do to help the students, etc.
This has proven to be invaluable for me and has added a unique dimension
to my teaching.