Teaching Success key/be Flexible

Be Flexible
Sometimes, depending on the mood of the class for that day, I'll completely
throw out my lesson plan and do something different. Sometimes I can tell the
class is just not in the mood to do what I've planned.
So in my commitment to keep the class interesting and not bore the students I
shift gears and just do something else. It's a kind of flying-by-the-seat-of-your
pants thing just to see where you land.
Sometimes the students want to know more about me so I let them ask me
questions. When that peters out I start on something else
I believe it's important to be flexible in all areas of life. Things are less stressful
that way. As you already know, things don't always go the way you planned or
expected.

So I think it's a good practice to accept things as they come along. Change the
things that can be changed, accept and work with the things that can't.
Wisdom is in knowing the difference. (That's from one of those proverbs. I
worded it a little differently.)
Living in a foreign country requires you to take on a certain amount of flexibility
and is key to survival and enjoying a different culture.
Now this might sound a little crazy but one of the best ways to be flexible in
mind is to be flexible in body. If your body is rigid and stiff chances are so will
be your thinking.

Take some Yoga classes or get a book on Yoga. Have some kind of regular
regimen so you can maintain a healthy flexible body. This will help you maintain
calmness and serenity through some of the slings and arrows life throws at
you.
And I believe will help you be a more balanced and vigorous teacher.